Tuesday 7 October 2014

More plants rooted through odd items.

Found an old foam ball in a Clients' garden the other day, with a whole clump of dog violet growing right the way through it!



Here you can see where the main root has grown right the way through...

... you can see where the foam rubber ball is starting to disintegrate, as well. Yes, I know it looks a bit like a potato, but it's foam, I assure you.



And here is the stem attachment, on the upper surface.

Amazing, isn't it?

Another close-up of those roots coming out of the bottom.











And the moral of this story? Errr... plants are amazing, they will grow through anything. Oh, and don't throw your toys away in the garden, put them in the bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....