Saturday 5 March 2016

Plant Labels: cute and quirky

What do you think of these?

Cute, huh?

I've been working on expanding my range of plant labels this winter, and now I have nine or ten (depending on how you count them) different types and styles.

I made the upright "flag" ones in the left-most pot a while ago - I tried hand written painted ones, which were very nice, easy to read: then I tried my wood burning kit, and made some - er, not engraved, what's the word?  *hasty googling* - pyrographic ones, but I wasn't convinced about how long they'd last outdoors.

These ones are a nice compromise - the printing of the lettering is irregular enough to be artisan and a bit quirky, but neat enough to be legible.

They won't last forever, of course: for that, you'll need to wait for my impressive embossed metal plant labels, available shortly in aluminium and copper....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments take 2 days to appear: please be patient. Please note that I do not allow any comments containing links: this is not me being controlling, or suppression of free speech: it is purely to prevent SPAM - I get a continual stream of fake comments with links to horrible things. Trust me, you don't want to read them....